AppStories Episode 292 — What Makes a Great Modern Shortcuts Action?
This week, Federico and John consider what it takes to create a great set of modern Shortcuts actions using examples of what Apple is doing in its own apps and what some of our favorite third-party apps are already doing to make Shortcuts accessible to a wider audience and more useful to power users.
This episode is sponsored by:
- RevenueCat – Subscription management built for mobile apps.
- Setapp – More than 240 powerful apps. Try it free for a month.
- Sourcegraph – Universal Code Search. Move fast, even in big codebases. Try it now.
- Kolide – It helps you nail third party audits and internal compliance goals with endpoint security for your entire fleet. Learn more here.
Links and Show Notes
What Makes a Great Modern Shortcuts Action?
- Gallery of third-party app examples
- Alex Hay’s Twitter thread on predicate filters in Shortcuts
- Other apps discussed:
- Automation April: myTunes, a Personalized Music Video Channel