Federico and John talk about the iTunes Affiliate Program and its importance for app discovery and independent curation with Kevin MacLeod of AfterPad. The episode was recorded before Apple’s clarification of changes to the program.
This episode is sponsored by:
- SQLPro Studio – A simple, powerful database manager for macOS. Download a 7-day free trial and use promo code APPSTORIES at checkout for 20% off.
- CardioBot – use heart rate data captured by your Apple Watch to improve your health.
Links and Show Notes
iTunes Affiliate Program
- Apple’s official iTunes Affiliate Program webpage and Getting Started guide
- iTunes Affiliate Linking
- Apple Cuts Affiliate Commissions on Apps and In-App Purchases
- A Comprehensive Guide to the iTunes Affiliate Program
- Apple is NOT lowering app affiliate commissions
- May 5: Apple clarifies changes to the iTunes Affiliate Program
- Apple’s MFi program
- AfterPad’s gallery of MFi controllers and MFi-enabled games
- AfterPad’s Apple TV Catalog
- The Next Generation Gamevice is Now Available
- Kevin MacLeod on Twitter