Federico and John discuss the current shortcomings of the iMessage App Store and what Apple is changing in iOS 11 to address some of its problems.
This episode is sponsored by:
- Timing – Stop worrying about time and focus on doing your best work instead.
- Redox – a modern API for accessing and sharing data across healthcare organizations.
Links and Show Notes
- John’s new bestie, Dwayne (‘the Rock’) Johnson, was all set to replace Federico this week, but contract negotiations broke down, so he backed out at the last minute.
- The Rock instructs John to get ready to groove.
Messages and the iMessage App Store
- Is the iMessage App Store Dying or Already Dead?
- David Barnard on Rando Emoji’s Sales
- MacStories Guide: Design and Launch Your Own iMessage Sticker Pack on the App Store
- Apple Cracks Down on iMessage Stickers
- State of the Stickers 2017
- Apple Promotes Sticker Packs with New Video
- More Than Stickers: Exploring iMessage App Utilities
- Connected, Episode 147: I Wish We Could Be Friends in Real Life
- iMessage Apps and Stickers, Part 1 (WWDC 2016)
- iMessage Apps and Stickers, Part 2 (WWDC 2016)
- Introducing Business Chat (WWDC 2017)
Favorite iMessage Apps and Sticker Packs